This weekend, Goddamn Cobras Collective will be slithering into our “fall season” with a multi-level, multi-medium exhibit at our space as part of Greenpoint Open Studios. GOS is this upcoming weekend’s celebration/promotion of Greenpoint visual and performing artists (check out the GOS website for the incredibly full schedule, maps, etc.).
Our home/studio/compound will be open throughout GOS (Saturday & Sunday, 12-6 p.m.), featuring:
• Prints from photojournalist Danny Ghitis‘ “Land of Oś” project
• Photos from Celia Talbot Tobin’s “The Gorges” series
• Polaroids from photographer Charley Parden
• Video installation from Cobra Luke, made of “compartmentalized and reapropriated audio and images.”
• Cobra music videos (including a new, epic 9-minute jam with Brooklyn duo Bow Ribbons and friends covering an old Moondog/Big Brother & the Holding Co. song
• Photos from Justin Andrew Johnson (better known ’round these parts as Bearclaw).
• New works from photojournalist Jackie Snow.
• Paintings from Molly Brolin
Also, Other surprises. // And a teepee.
Cobras will also be scattered throughout the neighborhood this weekend:
• Boomslang (Goddamn Cobras’ performance wing) is hosting a Saturday night cabaret at the GOS Performance Gallery at Lutheran Church of Messiah, 144 Russell Avenue, Sunday, 7 p.m. // Featuring Baby Skin Glove, Arm and el Beau, The Aztec Economy, , Jason Gray Platt, Sister Sylvester and more. Hosted by Greenpoint’s own Rich Awn of Green Air Radio.
• Zebros, our house band, will be playing during the GOS opening ceremonies (Friday at 8 // Greenpoint Gallery) and at Boomslang’s Sunday night cabaret. They also invite you to come jam out behind the cobra compound Saturday night.